Union Settlement Establishes Associate Board
Names eight young professionals, including two co-chairs, as founding members
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 22, 2017
Susan Puder: 212-828-6024
NEW YORK May 22, 2017 — Union Settlement, East Harlem’s largest and oldest social services organization, announced today the formation of a new Associate Board.
The eight founding Associate Board members are young professionals who are committed to the organization’s mission to provide critical services to the underserved community of East Harlem. The Associate Board will be led by two co-chairs, Lillian Sevilla, Fundraising and Evaluation Associate at Brooklyn Workforce Innovations and Catherine McGahan, Partnerships Manager at Right To Play.
The other six founding members are:
• Ashley Calabrese, the National Business Development Director at the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation’s National Headquarters;
• Jessica Chestler, a licensed real estate salesperson at CORE Real Estate;
• Shauna Ford, a clinical analyst/data manager with the Clinical Quality & Effectiveness Department at NYU Langone Medical Center;
• Patrick Gallagher, Client Associate for the investment management firm, Neuberger Berman;
• Vanessa Lippman, CORE Real Estate’s Marketing Project Manager; and
• Jasmine Precious, a Corporate and Foundation Relations Officer at New York University.
The Associate Board will work to raise funds for Union Settlement’s community programs aimed to serve East Harlem residents at every stage of life – from early childhood education and after school programs to adult education and senior services. The members also will work to raise awareness for issues facing the East Harlem community, such as youth unemployment, education accessibility and mental health and wellness. The first Associate Board meeting will be held later today.
“I’m thrilled that we have a group of committed young people who care about the East Harlem community and want to help our participants. Their energy and perspective will be an asset to Union Settlement and the East Harlem community we serve,” said David Nocenti, Union Settlement’s Executive Director.
For more information about the board and its members, please visit https://unionsettlement.org/associateboard/
About Union Settlement
Union Settlement is an on-the-ground resource for East Harlem residents of all ages, and a passionate advocate for the needs of underserved communities. Since opening our doors in 1895, we have brought education, wellness and community-building programs to our neighborhood, empowering New Yorkers with opportunities to better their lives. With a staff of more than 400 and services that impact 10,000 people, Union Settlement is building the vitality and success of East Harlem. For more information visit www.unionsettlement.org.